As many of you already know, the SSOL journal (Scientific Study of Literature) will have a new website soon. We’re thinking about the new styling and we’d like your input about possible ideas for the logo.
Here below are a few suggestions, feel free to vote for your favourites and leave a comment with additional suggestions (e.g. changing the font, colors, spacing…).
Thanks!
I think the journal was often abbreviated as SSoL, with lowercase o? I liked that.
Generally I would favour a logo with a decorative element (beyond letters and underline).
I personally like the logo of option 6, but I prefer the sans-serif font in, for example, option 4. I think it looks a bit cleaner.
I agree with Lynn! I think the image of 6 represents the kind of research that IGEL members prototypically do very well, but I don’t like the font as much.
I like 5 and 6 for the same reason - the graphic which integrates a book with some “data” like image. Both would work for me and capture the nature of the journal
I go for the 1st and 4th logos. The first one is minimalistic and elegant, which I really like. I think the fourth logo is a good choice if the icon is important. I would like to keep the green color in the design, btw.